Saturday, June 16th, 2012
Saturday, June 16th, 2012
Child Rights Initiative for Shared Parenting (CRISP), an NGO fighting against parental alienation of children due to single-parent families due to divorce or separation, observed a dharna on the eve of Father’s Day demanding reforms in family laws.
Members of the organisation assembled near Town Hall inBangaloreto highlight grievances of fathers who are deprived of access to their children, and of children to their fathers. Kumar Jahagirdar, President of CRISP told that the protest was to demand family law reforms & to highlight the grievances of fathers who are deprived access to their children due to gender biased laws. Kumar told that children become voiceless victims since they loose their right to get connected to both biological parents.
Kumar told Father’s Day is celebrated worldwide to honor the contribution of Fathers, as an expression of love & tribute to the Fathers by their children. He said in the present Fathers are actively involved in parenting their kids in the physical, mental & emotional welfare & upbringing of the child. He told this day Fathers are speaking for the rights of the innocent impacted children who are deprived of the love & affection of both natural parents. Children deserve love & affection of both biological parents irrespective of their matrimonial status at any point of time.
Speaking about Child Custody, Srikanth one of the member of CRISP told typically in divorce & separation cases, one of the parents, out of revenge against the other parent deprives the child of the love,affection & care of the other parent.He said this is the worst form of child abuse, as the children suffer the consequences of permanent psychological damage loke Parental Alienation Syndrome & other disorders that warp a child’s overall development.
CRISP demands the following immediate Family Law Reforms:
- Grant immediate equal child access to both separated parents. To legislate laws & make Co-Parenting mandatory within 30 days from the date of filing the case in the welfare of the child.
- All Child Custody cases should be disposed off after trial within 6 months of application in the courts in the best interest of the child & Speedy Justice.
- Separate Union Ministry for Children & to de-link the same from the present Women & Child Development ministry, since their objectives are different & Child rights are being ignored.
- Ban child Interviews by the court when the children are of tender age as it is usually found that one parent threatens & brainwashes the mind of the child against the non custodial parent which is another form of child abuse.
- Custodian Parents who intentionally & consistently violate the court orders of child visitation should be declared unfit to be a guardian & custody to be given to other parent.
- Supreme Court should define what Welfare of Child is and lay guidelines to avoid utter confusion prevailing in the family courts.
Short URL: http://indiawires.com/?p=11459